Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Plans

I have not been blogging, though I have been writing in my journal.
Will try to make an effort to post things here, if relevant.

I am looking forward to the summer, teaching a few book workshops, but nothing much.....the last few summers I taught pre-college black&white photo at SVA, but this summer they are re-doing all the darkrooms, so no classes. I will miss it (esp. the $$) but look forward to having the summer for me, to work on my "Respecting My Elders" catalogue and (eventual) website. To have time to take in, rather than give out. I can use the break: the last year has been a whirlwind of fund-raising, teaching, etc.

In October I will be giving a lecture on my work at the Center for Alternative Photography here in New York City. Apparently film is now an alternative. http://capworkshops.org/2012/10/23/ellen-wallenstein-artist-lecture/. The photo above is a self-portrait from "Ellis Island- Ghost of My Ancestors", made in 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment